My official reason for being there is to speak English with the kids. What this actually means is a song in English during morning and closing circles, and trying to repeat key words in English as much as possible. Most weeks a child will start a game of 'How do you say .... in English?'. I am sure this method of teaching English is not so effective, but it's fun for all of us and I usually learn a new German word or two by playing along.
A few weeks ago one of the little boys asked me what the English words for 'owa' (ow) and 'oopsala' (oops) were. It was cute, and also pretty insightful! It took me several months of living here before I caught on that 'ow' and 'opps' sounded different.
Some animal sounds are also different. The cat still says meow, but the rooster says 'ki-ki-ra-kee' and not 'cock-a-doodle-doo'. But I'm still learning all the animal noises. :)
| What's the word for 'eek' in German? |
No comments:
Post a Comment