Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Nest for a New Season

So, I moved into my own apartment 3 weeks ago (it took a few weeks to get wired, but now I am back online!). 
The flowers in the picture on the right were peaking out of the ground the day I moved in, the first flowers of spring, of new beginnings. An appropriate flower for the day, and season, in my life (my friend Tatjana was really the wise, and botanically knowledgeable, one who pointed this out).
It was such a blessing to have my first few weeks with Joel and Tatjana. But it was time to be back on my own again, and start building up my own nest after the past 6 months of being a guest. Now I am able to be the hostess again! And while it has been a bit lonelier than always having someone around, it has also helped me slow down, have some quiet, and more opportunities to be closer with God (especially true for my first two weeks with no TV, internet or phone :).
Last Sunday I was able to host a little shin-dig for all those who helped me move and transition (so far) in some way. It was a cozy setting with many guests for my small place. But everyone talked and ate and had a nice time. It was also a good time for me to practice some German in a safe atmosphere!

Ok, more posts and lots more photos coming this week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment