Saturday, September 19, 2009

Frankfurt

I survived the SuperIntensiv 4 language class and I was cleared to go on to the next level! A great birthday-eve gift and a good accomplishment to achieve in my 28th year.

Below are some pictures from my days (and some evenings) in Frankfurt. While not quite the tourist town Munich or Berlin is, it does have some hidden charms.


The pretty and 'old' part of Frankfurt, except that it is not so old! Like many German cities, Frankfurt was very damaged from WWII and was completely rebuilt. Frankfurt is the only city in Germany with a skyscraper skyline. However, they also re-built an old section, mostly for the tourists I think.

Only in Germany.... pretty sure this is not a safe idea, but at least they are getting their exercise while they drink!

Building, office, tower, office, building.....

Another cultural event was an evening river ride on the Main (pronounce 'mine') river. Here is a shot of Frankfurt's skyline.

I was eating lunch in a square one day and saw these people giving out free hugs! No, I did not take advantage of the offer.
Okay, this was cool, I got to see Angela Merkel, the Chancellor of Germany (at least until Sunday when Germany has the next election). She is the blurry woman in purple.

I hope you enjoyed the quick peek of Frankfurt. It has been fun having a taste of city life for the past few weeks. But I do like my town of Giessen, not too small, not too big. A perfect fit for this brunette locks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment