Saturday, September 12, 2009

Good genes, great jeans

This past week I was thankful for two different types of jeans/genes.
First, a friend from my church here gave me a pair of jeans that are now my favorite pair! She undergrew them (the opposite of out-grew, in-grew sounded too weird), and since they were a nicer pair of jeans she was having a hard time parting with them. But she likes me enough to have offered the jeans to me, and they were a perfect fit! I feel a little bit european when I wear them. Thanks Maria!
My other genes made me feel good this week too. I am the second oldest in my current German class, and two weeks away from my 29th birthday, and feeling a little, not old per say, but grown-up. One day I was eating lunch with two girls from my class and some people from another class. As we were chatting, they asked how old I was, and I answered honestly, "28". And they were surprised! I may even say shocked. They really thought I was more in the early 20's age range. I know, I know, it is only a few years different, but it is a few years! And 28 is so very grown up to the 18 to 20 year old's I was eating lunch with!
I think I was wearing my new favorite pair of jeans that day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment