Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthday Blessings


I am a little behind on the blog. I thought I would have loads of time to catch up on things once my class was over, but I forgot to factor in the two weeks away visiting with GEMers others parts of Germany to search out some ministry places for the future. But before going further into that, I did want to share about my birthday, my first birthday in Germany!
A friend helped me write invitations in German inviting everyone for an evening of grilling, followed by a night walk at a nearby corn maze. After we arrived for the corn maze we all realized we did not bring flashlights, but that was no problem as they supplied us with torches, yes, actual torches of fire!
The day of the party was my actual birthday, which was great because earlier this year I learned that it is customary to not wish someone happy birthday until it is the actual birthday. So I was able to receive Happy Birthdays (or Alles Gutes zum Geburtstag) and a blessings too! It really felt wonderful for these new friends to be blessing me on my birthday, and it felt pretty good to understand them too. :)
Boxes and cards from Charlotte and Pennsylvania made the week before and after my birthday special too.

No comments:

Post a Comment