Monday, November 21, 2011

My Thankful List

It's November! That means it is Thanksgiving!!! I love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite meal of the year, school kids are given two days off guaranteed, it includes friends, traditions, sharing traditions, and is all about being happy and thankful! Just my cup of tea, or my cup of non-fat peppermint mocha no whip, my drink of choice from November to January. :)

For my prayer e-mail this week, I shared a few things I am thankful to God for in my life. I thought I would share the list here, and add some more things to it.

Thankful...
No frosty fall here!
  • that God has called me to be a part of His Kingdom's work in Germany
  • that I can be in Charlotte this fall, and enjoy a sunny 71 degree day the week of Thanksgiving
  • for all my family, and that distance doesn't keep us from loving one another and being there for each other
  • for the peppermint mocha I am drinking :) 
  • for my friends all over the world
  • for the joyful anticipation of all that is before me
  • for moments of stillness in the present with Him
  • that my set back in English only exists because I now know a second language (at least that's the reason I keep telling myself!)
  • for my two honorary nieces and my three nieces, the little niece or nephew on the way, and my great big nephew (though I can still vividly remember his little blond bowl cut head and his horrible 4 year jokes that were only funny because he was so cute).
  • that I get to look forward to living in Berlin! one of the very best cities in the world, though I am admittedly biased. :)
  • the wonderful family that is hosting me while I am in Charlotte and that they have not only welcomed me into their home for this time but also into their family. We make a great brownie eating team!
  • for God's healing grace, that He gives me so much and helps me extend His love and grace to others. 
  • for fun run-ins with people I have not seen in years and being able to fill in the gaps from facebook info. 
  • for free music downloads.
  • for those who still remember Adam and what part he had in their lives.
  • for those who never knew Adam and know me just as me, and assume I am French based on my last name. 
Has anyone ever really had a
Thanksgiving this idyllic? 

  • that I got to make an entire Thanksgiving meal for friends in Germany last year.
  • that I do not have to make and entire Thanksgiving meal in America this year. 
  • for random compliments I get on my 4 Euro thrift store pair of shoes. 
  • and excited to see and hang out with college friends soon!
  • for God helping me deal with the reality that college was 10 years ago. 
  • for people reading my blog! ;) 

I really could keep going, especially since I am on my second espresso based coffee of the day and my fingers are able to type as fast as my thoughts are flying. But I think I will stop here and save some of my thankfulness for Thursday. :)

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

  1. hey kate
    this is awesome! i´m thankful that you´re thankful and that you´re having a blast and a blessed time :-) i will have my first thanksgiving this year (original american style-europe based), so i´m really looking forward to that.
    i´m just wondering why i didnt know about this blog before and why i never realized your last name is french, though i do know why you carry that name. it´s amazing to read how thankful you are and how pumped you are about what lies ahead of you! god is good! be blessed!
    love daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Kate thanks for your List :) It reminded me of writing one, that's the best idea ever for thanksgiving!! why I didn't think about writing one yet? Well, it's my first one, so I don't have the practice yet.
    One of the things I'll list is for sure your coming to visit us in December!
    Love
    Frauke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and your since of adventure!! Your life seems full and God filled. Enjoy Thanksgiving, it's always a fun time of year. So glad you are here to hang with friends and family. Loved seeing you when you visited 5 Stones, I think about you often and am so glad you are enjoying Germany. Love, Starr

    ReplyDelete