I have a friend who wrote on her blog once that she blogs better when she is overseas. At first I thought that was silly. I mean, shouldn't it be easier to blog in America? When you have only one language and culture to deal with and thinking doesn't require so much energy?
But now I take those thoughts back. I find it extremely hard to blog while in the States. Partly due to not always having internet, to traveling and moving around so much, to seeing so many people I have missed and missing so many people in Germany. For me, I think a big reason is also because my day-to-day life is so varied.
My normal day-to-day life is in Germany. Granted, at the moment I don't have a place to live there and I am not exactly sure what my daily life will look like when I return. But, that is where I feel at home. Not comfortable and loved 'at-home'-- that I am fortunate enough to feel many places. But an 'at home' feeling that comes from a strong sense of purpose.
Also, I recently got rid of more stuff out of my mom's attic, so I think I actually have more of my stuff in Germany- sitting a in a pig cellar just waiting for me to pick it all up. :)
Well said, Kate! Love you!
ReplyDeletewell, you said it first Megan, I just repeated it once I understood what you said!
Delete