Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas has begun, Class is ending

There's is something magical that happens in almost every city and town in Germany, the Weihnachtsmarkt. Lights go up everywhere, hand craft and snack huts go up, yummy smells fill the air, and the pedestrian walking areas are jammed full of people.
Below are a few pictures of the Christmas market in Frankfurt, the city that has been my home away from home for the past two months.
This is my last week of my 8-week course at Goethe. During the 8 weeks I learned more German, which is good since that was the main point. I also was able to visit some museums and experience other Frankfurt activities (like the Christmas Market) through the Culture Program offered through the institute. The best part of the course was meeting and getting to know the other students in my class and my teacher. I will be continuing with my German studies, and will likely return to Goethe for one more super intensive class and the test I need to take to be cleared for full time ministry. But I can not imagine being part of another class as great as this one. Putting 8 people together for 8 week to work on a task together sounds a bit like a reality show! Well, had we been filmed, people would have been bored because we got along so well and did not have the drama that makes most reality shows a success (you know you know what I am talking about).
Here is a picture of our class enjoying some of the pumpkin pie I made for them for Thanksgiving Day.
Friday is our last day of class. Two others live here in Germany, and three others are from the neighboring country of Switzerland, so I have high hopes of staying in contact with them.
So while this week is a little bitter-sweet, I know that next week is Christmas! There is always something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment