Saturday, August 22, 2009

a summer break Sunday service

While my church was on a two week summer break we were encouraged to visit other churches, if we ourselves were not going away. For the first week I was at GEM's annual conference and was able to worship with a few hundred other English speakers. Last week I found somewhere else to attend Sunday services, the park.
I headed to the park with my Bible, journal, picnic blanket, iPod, a snack, and camera (almost always with me, you never know!). I found a quiet corner of the park that I had never seen before. It was off the main path, where not many people walked by.
As I was setting up the blanket and pulling my things out, I realized that I had brought along for my snack a piece of bread and some red juice! I did not plan on having communion this Sunday, but God planned ahead, and that's what happened. After singing along to some songs, I enjoyed
the communion God provided for me, read his word, and communed with Him.

1 comment: