There are so many other ways God has continued providing for me since I arrived in Germany. (He provided a LOT before too, but I don't want to make this post too long.) Not only did I have a place to stay, and then quickly a place of my own, but he also provided furnishings so I could be 'nested' quicker and more cheaply than having to find and acquire everything over time. He provided a German class quickly, so I could be focused with my language learning. I have a home church here, and even though I don't fully understand the sermons or all of the songs we sing, it is a place I can worship at freely each week. He provided me with friends I already knew, and new friends that I am just beginning to spend time with, in German! (sometimes in Germ-glish) And I can still be connected with my family and friends back home thanks to modern day technology (though I do try to monitor that communication so I don't end up emotionally living in the states while physically living here!). God has given me encouragement when I get frustrated with not knowing the language, and times of quiet when I need to recoup.
I feel like I have had it easy compared with others who make this transition. I know I am not through with this transition, but already I see how God has been preparing for me to live here, both in tangible ways, and in my heart and mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment