It's Moving Time!
My bags are packed
Well, almost packed. I will be driving back to Charlotte for one week to say goodbyes and to have the commissioning service at my church. I fly out on January 24th, have a nice 8 hour layover in Dublin, and will arrive in Frankfurt, Germany in the evening of the 25th. Whew.
German classes start in March, so I will have a month to find an apartment in Giessen, and settle in to my new place and my new town. Until classes start, a German friend has already agreed to be a language helper for me using some of the tools I learned during my training last fall. Church services, getting around town, and shopping will also hopefully help with the language learning.
Commissioning Service
On Sunday, January 18th, I will be commissioned by my home church, Southbrook Church, in Weddington, North Carolina. Service times are at 9 and 11 am. If you are in the area, please come! Directions to the church can be found at the church’s website, www.southbrookchurch.com.
Support Report
I have reached the needed 100% mark to move to Germany and begin language school.
The graph below shows the breakdown of my support. The green shows one time gifts, the gray represents current monthly support. There was enough in one time gifts given to help me reach the needed monthly amount for my first two years!
I am so excited for you!! Hurray!
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you and excited! We'll be at the service! Rob, Andrea and Addison
ReplyDelete