Two weekends ago I traveled to Greater Europe Mission’s U.S. headquarters in Monument, Colorado for a workshop. The workshop was for single women appointees with GEM. I enjoyed the beautiful weather and postcard view of Pike’s Peak, and enjoyed even more meeting other single missionary women (though it was odd being in the ‘single’ category in an official capacity). The best part of the workshop was finding out that I am at 80% of my needed support and will attend pre-field training from September 10 to October 27! I will go through 4 weeks of cross cultural preparation and training, and two weeks of language acquisition classes to help me learn German easier and quicker. This is the last large step before I am able to move to Germany.
Summer Schedule
I am eager to attend training, but I will not have an idle summer.
In just a few weeks I will help start a Grief Share program at Southbrook, my home church. Grief Share takes 13 different areas of grief and helps people process and learn and grow from their grief. This was something I took part in last summer and it was a major help in my grief process, after God’s comfort, and all my friends and families praying for me. I am excited to help bring this program to my church. There are a couple other women who will help me facilitate the class, and hopefully keep the course going seasonally after I move to Germany.
I am eager to attend training, but I will not have an idle summer.
In just a few weeks I will help start a Grief Share program at Southbrook, my home church. Grief Share takes 13 different areas of grief and helps people process and learn and grow from their grief. This was something I took part in last summer and it was a major help in my grief process, after God’s comfort, and all my friends and families praying for me. I am excited to help bring this program to my church. There are a couple other women who will help me facilitate the class, and hopefully keep the course going seasonally after I move to Germany.
The other huge commitment I have for this summer is with my church’s summer mission trip to Lich, Germany to help Christus Gemeinde run an English Camp. One of my major responsibilities for the trip is to put together the curriculum for the week. Thankfully I already have a head start with the curriculum a friend wrote for last year’s camp and from an English Camp curriculum GEM uses. So far our team is small, too small. Please pray with us for more team members, especially high school and college students, to join our team. I am eager to return to Lich and to be helping with this trip. It is also special knowing that it will hopefully only be a few months before I return to the area for language school.
Thank you for all your prayers throughout March. Please see the prayer bar on the side for updated prayer requests.
Have a wonderful spring and enjoy the May flowers!
Great news, Kate! It looks like your dream will soon be coming true!
ReplyDeleteHey Lady! I just wanted to say thanks for faithfully updating your blog, i really enjoy hearing about whats going on with your ministry!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Becca
Kate - what a blessing it is to have this blog to keep up with your adventures!! You are on the right path!! Rob and I continue to pray for you and your mission work to bring Christ's love to Germany!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!! We are looking forward to hosting an open house for you on June 1st (1-3 pm)!!
ReplyDeleteI'll keep you and your ministry in my prayers!!
ReplyDelete