My church ( www.southbrookchurch.com) has just started a new series called One Month to Live, and it is about asking yourself, what if I had just one month to live?, and living your life that way each day.
My mind and heart are thinking about Adam a lot with this series. And even though it is tough sitting through some of these sermons thinking about, and missing, Adam, it's comforting and encouraging too. He did not know he had one month to live. But I'm not sure what he would have done differently if had had that warning. Well, maybe a few things... (I know I would have done a few things differently.) But in his life, Adam knew God had a purpose for him. He knew God was going before him and with him in everything he did. He didn't know exactly what that purpose was, or where he was going all the time, just that God was leading him through it.
That is a knowledge we shared together. Just as Adam knew, I know God has a purpose for me. I know he his leading me. I am not always sure where I am going each day, because God is big and I can't always see around him, but that's ok. As long as I see God in front of me, I know I am going in the right direction. Like the Israelites leaving Egypt, and then in the wilderness, they did not know where they were going, but they knew they were going the right direction as long as they could see the pillar of smoke or fire going before them. They trusted God to lead them to the Promised Land.
So as I think hard along with my church family about what if I had one month to live, I am going to make sure that in all areas of my life, God is in front of me. He knows how many months I have left, and he has a purpose for each one of those months. I know if I follow him completely, then I can live my life the way he has planned for me to live it, and will arrive at the Promised Land he has for me.
a good word, kate. each month counts. thanks for the reminder. i'm praying for you this month! much love! - kate dempsey
ReplyDeleteSo glad we got to hang out Friday night. Thanks for doing most of the work!
ReplyDelete