My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me."
And my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
When God speaks to my heart this way, I wish I could say that I always answer the way David did, letting him know that I am on my way, that I am ready to talk with him, and that I am leaving behind other things.
But I do not always answer that way. Sometimes I remind God of all that I have to do, some of it for his glory even! I remind God of the hard day I had, and how tired I am. I remind God that we just spent time together this morning, or that I have plans to catch up with him later on in the day.
And then he reminds me that I only have to do what he calls me to do, not what I think is important. He reminds me that he brought me through that hard day and that he can give me rest, even better rest than a good book or a TV show! Then he reminds me that no matter how much time I have already spent with him, or will spend with him later, it's not enough, because he wants to spend every moment with me, I am that precious to him.
And really, I hear him asking me, "Kate, am I that precious to you? Come and talk with me."
I'm on my way Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment