Monday, February 20, 2012

Encouraging Connections

        I love that God knows what I need, and when I need it, better that I do. A while ago I needed to feel a little extra connected. God gave me the encouragement I needed through some great heart to heart conversations, some planned and some unexpected.

       Monday before last I had an impromptu online chat time with a friend in Germany. Someone who can identify a bit with being a single woman living in Germany.
       Later in the day I had a fun girls night with a dear friend who has been married since she was 18, so can not identify with being single, but can still share my heart in other issues.
       I ended the evening with the start of my friends' Tuesday in Germany. We met via Skype to pray for each other, the rest of the team and God's moving in Berlin.

     This past weekend I met with a small team of women to begin planning a new ministry for the women in our mission organization. While there was a lot of work involved, it was such a wonderful time of sharing our hearts, which was made even sweeter by the fact that we serve in different countries, are in very different life phases and in different phases of being in the US (one lives here, one leave tomorrow to return to Europe, one just got back to the States last Monday, and I am in the middle of my year in the US).

      All of those moments were connections with people at times I needed them most, even if I didn't know I needed them before they happened. I am thankful God gave me those moments, and even more thankful for the connection I share with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment