I actually wrote this post shortly after the church retreat, but didn't want to post it without the picture. So here it is complete with the photo!
One of my favorite parts of the church retreat weekend was the mosaic we created. Some of the women on the planning team came up with a great to have a large puzzle for everyone to paint a piece of, without knowing where their piece fit or what the whole picture was, and then it would be glued together after all the pieces were painted.
It turned out wonderful! Here is a picture of the final piece:
I can easily look at parts of the picture and say, that piece is so pretty, or that piece is funny, or, that piece is not quite to my liking... but we all make up the body of Christ. We are all there, represented in our different ways, fitting together to form one picture, one body. While the picture itself may or not may be beautiful (I will let you make up your own mind) it is a beautiful picture of the body of Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment