Saturday, May 29, 2010

what worry?

31 days until I take the big C1 German test. One month! And that is not the only countdown on my calendar right now.
First, biggest, and most looming deadline is the C1 test, on June 29 (and hopefully part 2 of the test on July 1). Then there is the end of my NT class in July, and the week after that the start of English Camp (which has some smaller deadlines connected to it before the start of camp) and then moving in August.
All these things are really exciting, but when I being to think about what I need to do before hand, I get all nervous and stressed. And then I think, really Kate? Worrying? Adding anytime to your life with that? Getting anything at all done by worrying? And of course the answer is no, not adding any time to my by life by worrying, in fact, I am just wasting the time I have to work on what I can work on. And I am not allowing my faith to grow, I am not showing much faith at all when I worry.

Luke 12:25-26
25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 26 And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?

Lord, thank you for caring and providing for me. Thank you that I have no need to worry in this life, and thank you for reminding me how few our moments in life are, and that I have no need, no business really, wasting any of those precious moments worrying!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it incredible that God cares about the sparrows and the flowers? How much more will he guide, comfort and surround you with His magnificant presense? We serve a great God =)

    Thinking of you, praying alongside of you, and rejoicing with you as you get to serve our Lord in this fascinating place at such a time as this. Keep going my friend =)

    ReplyDelete