Sunday, March 7, 2010

Surprise Snow

I woke up on Saturday, looked out the window and saw a lot of very large snowflakes falling down outside, and the ground was already covered in white! So exciting! It was such a winter wonderland I could not resist going out and getting some photos. During the walk I also found a couple more statues that I find worthy to post.
I forgot about this little guy, with his bucket and mop, but this time I saw him not only was he covered in snow, but had a bicycle on his shoulders!
There is a dinosaur exhibit coming to Giessen, and I saw this guy, ready to attack! Don't worry, I got away ok. :)
Some of the winter wonderland.

The market was not delayed on account of snow!
Even the jail looks a bit prettier covered in snow and ice.
The snow was so pretty, and such a pretty surprise to me! But I am looking forward to being able to take and post some pictures of trees white with spring buds and not snowflakes.

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos...the dinosaur one cracked me up. Can't wait to me your "friends". Love, Mom
    P.S. This the first time ever that I have responded to a blog. It's going to say anonymous because I didn't know what else to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I like the dude with the bicycle on his head, the oddly placed dinosaur or your moms post the most ..... hmmm choices choices =)

    ReplyDelete