Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Where is home?

Home again. Well, sort of. 
When I was leaving CIT (the training center I was at for the fall), my friends asked me where home was, it was actually a common question to ask since all of us are in a time of transition. But it took me a while to answer! 
I still think of Charlotte as my home, since that is where Adam and I established our life together, my church family is there, and many dear friends. Pennsylvania is also very much my home since I was raised there and that is where my family, and currently most of my stuff, lives. Germany is also a place I can call home since I have such a longing to be there and I already have friendships established there. Heaven is my home since that is the home I was created for, living in the presence of God.
So how did I answer the question? Wherever I am headed!- since it is much easier to be going home than leaving home. :) But really I can answer that way because I am following God.
There is the saying "Home is where the heart is". I know my heart is with God, and He is always by my side. So while I left home (Charlotte) for home (Pennsylvania), I am eager to get home (Germany) and share about my real home (in God's presence).
Writing from "home",
Kate

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Kate, I am with you completely. Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Kate! I am so thankful for the home that we all have with Him.
    Phil & Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so true. Well said my friend. Blessings - Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Kate. Your thoughts on 'home' are exactly focused. A passage from Bonhoeffer's Letters and Papers from Prison was a touchstone for me as I transitioned to life overseas and a new home - and a new homelessness:


    It is nonsense to say that God fills the gap; he doesn't fill it, but on the contrary, he keeps it empty and so helps us keep alive our former communion, even at the cost of pain.


    Remember too, Jesus' words:


    Foxes have holes and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has....

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog Kate. we miss you and can't wait to see you again. Love Rob and Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true - great insight!! Love you.. Andrea

    ReplyDelete