I usually thought of the verses that talked about clay as a little bit hard to take. I don't know why. I worked with clay throughout my high school and college years, but not once in the years I worked with clay did the clay ever fight me. Sometimes it was a little harder to knead, sometimes it was rough because of addititives, sometimes I really had to get the roller out and pound the lump before me, but other times, it was just a task of kneading, working with the clay to get it into a moldable state, and then molding it.
Sometimes I have allowed additives to get into me, or I am being 'tough' and God needs to get the roller out and pound me a bit. However many times, he is just working me into a moldable state. And it feels good, I mean, who doesn't like getting a massage? There is pressure, sure, but it has a purpose. The clay can not and does not tell the potter what to make it into, but this clay is telling her Potter, thank you for the massage! :)
Great visual!
ReplyDelete