Thursday, January 17, 2008

January Newsletter





Dear Friends-

Amazing to think that we are already well into 2008! Last year at this time I had a very different idea of where I would be for 2008's New Year. Yet I know that God knew what this past year held for me, and He knew where I would be this year, just like He knows where I will be next year.
One of the amazing blessings of this year was a gift from Christus Gemeinde in Lich, Germany, after Adam’s death, which
allowed me to visit Germany in the fall. My mom, Susan, was able to go with me. Our itinerary kept us on the move, and on the train. We had time in Lich, with members of Christus Gemeinde, then headed south to Kandern, to GEM’s European Headquarters. We also spent a time in the Black Forest area of Germany. We finished our visit with a
Thanksgiving celebration hosted by the Whites. It was an all-American day, with cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and only English language allowed (not a problem for my mom or me!). It was good spending time discussing plans and ministry possibilities and get wise counsel for moving forward.

It felt so good to be there, and I may have 'missed' my flight home if my mom had not been with me. While it was sad being in Germany without Adam, it was a good time of encouragement and renewing of purpose, and remembering God’s plan for me is still in His hands and still moving forward.

To be in Germany this year, I need to raise the rest of my support against the ever increasing Euro, complete a six week training course, and get the needed visas for the move. I hope to do all this in the first half of the year, but I cannot do it alone. Please pray with me that all God wants done will happen and that I will be able to see what He requires from me each step of the way.
In Christ,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog Kate. Your picture on your first post is adorable! I continue to pray for you and your direction in Germany...I'm looking forward to see what God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you!! Great idea with this blog! We pray for you every day. Keep us posted on how we can help you fulfill God's plan for you. Many blessing, Andrea & Rob

    ReplyDelete